An unfortunate story from Lockney, Texas provides a reminder of our responsibility as homeowners.
Several times, I have come across temporary wiring being used as permanent wiring. That may not necessarily have been the case for the tragedy reported in the story above, but the opportunity for accidents is still real.
Temporary wiring can be defined as extension cords in use as a permanent source of electricity.
It could also mean electrical supply devices that are being used in a way that they were not designed for by their manufacturer. This could possibly have been the cause of the accident above, but only the authorities can state for sure.
Ultimately, it's our responsibility as homeowners or occupants to follow the instructions provided with the products we use. If we don't, real tragedy is possible.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.